Monday, January 13, 2014

Welcome and thanks for stopping by!

Hi, I'm Melissa and welcome to my first blog ever... Baby Steps Quilts. I am a complete rookie to blogging, as well as, quilting and that is where the idea for the name came from.  I am an extremely busy wife and mom, of four wonderful kids! When my two oldest girls were toddlers I decided that I wanted to learn the basics of sewing( something I had refused as a teenager, when my mother had offered, of course!). I was a stay at home mom with my third daughter on the way and figured taking a sewing class would be a way to spend some "me time" out of the house and learn something new. My husband bought my Singer sewing machine on "Black Friday" for $59( which I still use till this day!), I took three sewing classes and the rest is history... Literally!!!  Twelve years and another baby( our eight year old son) later, I have decided to follow my life long dream and learn to quilt!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment