Monday, January 13, 2014

Cloey's quilt

I designed and started Cloey's quilt this past Fall, after finally deciding to give quilting a try.  The fabric collection I used is called Fun Factor by Fabric Editions. It's bright and colorful and perfect for little girls (and big girls, too!) I finished the quilt top quickly but it sat in my closet until this past week. I spent the  first "snow day" of last week layering, basting and quilting. On Friday, our second day off, due to freezing rain, I finished the binding by hand sewing it to the quilt back and... Drum roll please!!!!... Voila, my first completed quilt!!! It turned out pretty well for a first try, I think (can you tell I'm a tad proud of my accomplishment?;). Can't wait to get started on the next one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment